Saturday, September 13, 2008

Liberty (14) vs. Highland Park (42)

Well, we didn't come out with a win from the Highland Park game, but we still had fun. The score sounds a lot worse than it really appeared. The guys actually played pretty well considering the competition.

Laura and I packed up all of the kids (3 car seats!) and made the trip to Highland Park together. We made a quick trip to our favorite fast food joint - Chic-fil-a and then we were on our way. The ride was pretty humorous as Ava kept unbuckling her car seat and I was doing my best to coax her to buckle it back up while Laura drove. Gage didn't quite know what to think about riding in the back with 2 little ladies!

We thought we were doing good to arrive a few minutes early, but little did we know we were going to have to park a mile away from the stadium. I really didn't mind as I got to admire the BEAUTIFUL homes as we walked by. I loved the atmosphere...families and neighbors were sitting out on their cute front porches listening to the sounds of the football game. It seemed to be a very close knit neighborhood with kids wandering from house to house to play. What a great place to live. It's comforting to know that places like this still exist. Maybe we will find a neighborhood like that one day.

Each week I look forward to the Friday night lights. Let's hope I don't have to report back with anymore defeats!

(1 Win -1 Loss)

2 comments:

Jill said...

Boo for the no win:)

Megan said...

Boo for the no posts lately!
I miss seeing what is going on in your life - and watching Gage grow!

About Me

My photo
I am a Christ Follower, Coaches Wife, Mother, Daughter, Sister, Aunt, Friend, an Employee. I am determined, passionate, thoughtful, a perfectionist. I love to laugh. I have a phenomenal family and the best friends in this world! I am BLESSED for this not-so-normal life! This is my attempt to chronicle the busy life of a Coaches Wife and our family. My hope is to journal some of our favorite moments, especially with Gage. I hope you enjoy our family "playbook!"