Saturday, July 5, 2008

Vacation #2 - Mexico!

So, here it is - the pictures from our fabulous Mexico trip! Eric and I left Gage with the grandparents for 4 nights/5 days and traveled with our good friends, Julie and Ryan, to the Riviera Maya. We had such a good time! We are definitely future travel buddies as we are all very laid back and didn't depend on a set "itinerary." The one day we did have an "itin" it fell thru thanks to that "darn Miguel!" He stood us up with the car rental for our Tulum "adventure." Apparently, Tulum has the prettiest beaches in Mexico. We will check it out next year when we make the trip for Julie and Ryan's wedding!


It was hard to leave Gage and travel out of the country, but Eric and I really enjoyed having each other's full attention. I think a couples vacation is in store every year! Making a call from Mexico is almost impossible! I just received the phone bill for a 4 minute call - $47.00! Ridiculous! Thanks to our wonderful parents for taking care of Gage. We knew he was in good hands and he was definitely spoiled with lots of love!

We stayed at the Occidental Grand Flamenco XCaret. The resort was very nice, but we were misled to believe that it was beach front and that REALLY wasn't the case. It had a man-made beach/lagoon with a very rocky entrance to the ocean. We only spent half a day at the lagoon and decided that we had to sit on a REAL beach if we were in Mexico. So, we headed to Mamitas Beach Club in Playa almost every day to swim, lay out, and enjoy some cold drinks. The beach was absolutely beautiful and the sight seeing was...well...priceless. We also met a few locals at the beach that gave us some insight on what to do in town.

We took a Catamaran out with a local, Luis, and he took us to his "pool." He took us out in the ocean to show us the different shades of blue and let us swim in the most beautiful water! We had so much fun that we went back the next day and took the Catamaran out on a snorkeling adventure. It was a good time, but I forgot how exhausting snorkeling can be! I also acquired a nice sun burn!


We also made a couple of trips to the "New 5th Avenue." It is a trendy strip of shops, cafes, restaurants, and bars. We hit up the DQ for some ice cream while we were there as we got tired of eating the same hotel food every day! DQ has never tasted so good! One night, we ate at a nice restaurant called Divino's and then hit up the "Blue Parrot" as Luis said it was the best bar in town and raved about the fire show. It was a fun night and the fire show was AMAZING!!!


We also made a trip to the XCARET Ecological Park. We floated in a very chilly river thru a cave, went to the aquarium, saw the biggest turtles, said "hi' to the dolphins, snorkeled, laid on the beach, and probably walked about 10 miles! I have never walked so much in my life as I did on this trip! It did make me feel much better after consuming the greasy chips and guacamole (Yummy!!!)


Thanks to Julie and Ryan for making this trip so much fun! We can't wait for the next one. Some great memories to take away...

"It takes two"
"Boomcha Boomcha Boomcha"
"Chilly Willy's"
"That darn Miguel!"

But my best recollection of our beach adventures...

Beach chair - $2.00
Mango Margarita - $6.00
Men playing beach soccer in Speedo's -Priceless...

And to all the gals at work, we sipped many of these for you! We really did think about you!


4 comments:

Julie said...

I love the post! So many fun memories that definitely made me laugh!! I can't wait until our next trip. You and Eric are great travel buddies!! Oh, and thanks for saving the day with some pics for me.

Mama Z said...

Ahh looks wonderful. jealous, jealous, jealous.

Jill said...

Looks like you had fun! Makes me anxious for my honeymoon! You look great, did you lose more weight?? Love ya-tell gage colin says hi!

Jennifer said...

Too fun! Take me with you next time!

About Me

My photo
I am a Christ Follower, Coaches Wife, Mother, Daughter, Sister, Aunt, Friend, an Employee. I am determined, passionate, thoughtful, a perfectionist. I love to laugh. I have a phenomenal family and the best friends in this world! I am BLESSED for this not-so-normal life! This is my attempt to chronicle the busy life of a Coaches Wife and our family. My hope is to journal some of our favorite moments, especially with Gage. I hope you enjoy our family "playbook!"