Sunday, July 27, 2008

For the love of the game

The last 2 weeks have been a blur! My blogging is slipping through the cracks!

Eric is back to work full-time and gearing up for the 2008-09 Liberty Football Season. I'm officially back to football "widow-hood!" I have to admit that this "go around" is not as easy for me as it has been in the past. Now that Gage is growing into a small boy and becoming more active, it's harder to get things done and I realize how precious our time with Eric really is. High school coaches spend more time in the field house than they do in their own homes and a coaches' wife serves as the backbone for the family. It takes a deep love for kids and football to put in the exhausting hours of a high school coach and a very supportive woman to accept the responsibility of holding down the fort at home! Some days I really do have to pray hard for strength and patience to get me through it! The reward is knowing that your husband is shaping and molding young boys to become exceptional men and that somehow you are making a difference in this world.

My husband is an incredible role model and such a hard-working man. He has a love for the game of football that is indescribable, but most importantly a heart for making a difference in kid's lives. When I get frustrated or tired of the sacrifices we make, I find comfort in knowing that it's more than a game of winning or losing.

In lieu of the upcoming Liberty Redhawk Season we have been practicing with Gage and he has mastered throwing his arms up in the air for a touchdown! I'm sad to report that I haven't taken a picture of this yet, but will do that soon! In the meantime, I am posting a picture of Eric and Gage from last season. Wow - how time flies! Gage was 1 month old in this picture! We will be celebrating his 1st Birthday in 2 weeks!

Go Redhawks - let's kick some butt this year! Love you honey!

2 comments:

Jacki said...

You are a wonderful wife and it sounds like your husband is not only a wonderful role model for the boys he coaches but also your son.
Very awesome!

Tracy said...

awwww....sweet johnna. i just love you and your sweet spirit. although i have a hard time believing all of those crazy things you said about eric (haha...just kidding eric...love ya), i do know that you are an AMAZING wife and mom. hang in there sister...i wish i was there with you!

About Me

My photo
I am a Christ Follower, Coaches Wife, Mother, Daughter, Sister, Aunt, Friend, an Employee. I am determined, passionate, thoughtful, a perfectionist. I love to laugh. I have a phenomenal family and the best friends in this world! I am BLESSED for this not-so-normal life! This is my attempt to chronicle the busy life of a Coaches Wife and our family. My hope is to journal some of our favorite moments, especially with Gage. I hope you enjoy our family "playbook!"