Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Vacation #1 - Table Rock Lake

I know I mentioned I would try to blog during the Table Rock Lake trip, but it just didn't happen. In fact, it hasn't happened in a while! I have so much to blog about!

I had so much fun in Table Rock with my family. It was our first family trip with Gage. We spent 7 days at Table Rock Lake in a cabin with a VERY CLOSE lake front view. The water has been up this season at Table Rock (the highest in it's history) and it was not far from our front porch. It was so beautiful! My Mom''s side of the family also joined us for this trip and it was so good to spend time with extended family. It was especially fun to introduce Gage to his second Cousin, Colin. Colin is 2 months younger than Gage. By the end of the trip they were very intrigued with one another and picking up on each other's "tricks." It was fun to see them interact with one another. And Colin is just so cute! We miss playing with him. We laughed pretty hard when we set this picture up. Colin's onesie says "He did it!" with an arrow pointing toward Gage who's onesie says "I Poo!" It was probably one of those "you had to be there moments," but we sure did laugh hard.

I had a great time visiting with my Cousins and catching up. I wish we could see each other more often. My Cousin Jill and I enjoyed sharing baby stories and other "girl talk" during long walks each night with the babies. We are both still trying to shed a few baby pounds and were each other's motivation for sticking to some kind of a workout. She also brought her Wii Fitness and that was a lot of fun!

I had SO much fun water skiing, jet skiing, and swimming. I was a little worried that I might not make it up water skiing since it had been over 2 years, but the "magic" was still there! I'm convinced that one day I will live on a lake and water ski every day! I absolutely love it!

Gage had so much fun on vacation. He had many adventures! We took him on a slow ride on the jet ski and he loved it. He was saying "Ooh Ooh Ooh!" the entire ride. (Don't worry we didn't take him outside of the cove and we were in idle the entire ride!) He also went on many boat rides. At first he was a little scared of the boat, but once he warmed up to the sound of the engine, he was enjoying the ride or falling asleep! He didn't care too much for his life jacket or "buzz light year" outfit. (One of his swimsuits had built in flotation devices - the picture below explains our dub of "buzz light year.") He loved splashing in the water and sitting in his inner tube, but he wasn't so sure about the blow up air mattress with Mommy and Daddy.

Of course, Grammy and Grampy spoiled Gage with lots of love and treats. Gage enjoyed dinner time with Grammy since she shared her plate with him. And well, Grampy was being silly with the beer can - - again, no worries - he didn't consume any of it! Grammy also taught Gage how to wave "hi" and "bye!" It is the cutest thing! He waves his little arm back and forth as fast as he can.
Thanks Mom and Dad for a WONDERFUL vacation. We can't wait for next year! It was tough to come back from such a wonderful trip, but Eric and I knew we had a short work week and a fun trip ahead of us - Mexico! I'll post pictures from that trip soon!

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a Christ Follower, Coaches Wife, Mother, Daughter, Sister, Aunt, Friend, an Employee. I am determined, passionate, thoughtful, a perfectionist. I love to laugh. I have a phenomenal family and the best friends in this world! I am BLESSED for this not-so-normal life! This is my attempt to chronicle the busy life of a Coaches Wife and our family. My hope is to journal some of our favorite moments, especially with Gage. I hope you enjoy our family "playbook!"