Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Summer Fun!

I'm falling behind on my Sunday night blog post! I've been too busy! I'm so ready for our vacation. T minus 9 days and counting! I'll be water skiing my hiney off and soaking up some sun at Table Rock Lake! I'm looking forward to 8 days of pure fun, rest, and relaxation with my family!

Gage made his first visit to Hooters this weekend. Yes - Hooters. For those of you who know me or my husband well, you know that we BOTH enjoy Hooters. I know some of you think I'm crazy, but I really do enjoy the food (although it's not healthy I know) and the Hooter's girls just crack me up. Anyway, we took Gage for the first time and met some of our friends - "GaLaura" and Wes. Gage wasn't in his best form because he had missed out on his evening nap, but we still tried to get a picture of him with the "girls." He wasn't too happy about it BUT, the girls loved him! And he came home with a Hooters "onesie!"
I took Gage to our neighborhood pool and he "splish splashed" all over the place. He loves crawling in the shallow end and playing with the small fountains. We also met a prospective babysitter who lives down the street! This kid is such a chick magnet! Check out his round belly and little "man" boobs! Why is that so cute when they are little?

Gage also went to his 1st Craw Fish Boil this weekend. We had lots of fun at Amy and Andy's place! Gage took well to everyone. He is beginning to be a little shy at first and will bury his head in my shoulder, but after he warms up he will take to anyone. He especially liked Joyce - I think he might have melted her heart! Miss Fran was also there and spoiled Gage rotten as usual! She is one of Eric's baseball player's mom and she loves Gage! We are planning to do a "photo shoot" with her sometime soon! She is a photographer.

Gage and I went to my parent's house Sunday afternoon to hang out while Eric played golf with some friends. Grammy and Grampy were excited to take Gage swimming in their pool. They bought him all kinds of cool swim toys and a neat turtle raft. He loved it. He also rode his mini-roller coaster and danced with Grammy. He has quite the moves already - not inherited by me as I have absolutely no rhythm! He is all his dad! (Minus the charming personality of course!)

That's all for now! Eric has one more week of school and then he is home for part of the summer. Yippee! He is going to be "Mr. Mom!" He already has play dates scheduled with some of the other Coaches! He's such a good Dad. I know he will have so much fun spending time with Gage.

2 comments:

The Whitt Family said...

I love Hooters! So glad to hear another woman like it and not think I'm crazy!!! I will definitely take you up on those morning walks when Sadie gets here and I get to moving around again!

Jacki said...

It was so good to see you today! I love that you are passing down the Hooters family tradition early. We too enjoy a Hooters outing!

About Me

My photo
I am a Christ Follower, Coaches Wife, Mother, Daughter, Sister, Aunt, Friend, an Employee. I am determined, passionate, thoughtful, a perfectionist. I love to laugh. I have a phenomenal family and the best friends in this world! I am BLESSED for this not-so-normal life! This is my attempt to chronicle the busy life of a Coaches Wife and our family. My hope is to journal some of our favorite moments, especially with Gage. I hope you enjoy our family "playbook!"