Thursday, August 14, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday Gage!

Today is Gage's 1st Birthday! I still cannot believe he is already one year old! Where did the time go? I can still vividly remember being pregnant (3 days past due!) and the day he was born (Miraculous!) It seems like it was just yesterday! This past year has flown by but it has been full of so much joy! I just can't put into words how Gage makes my heart melt! Especially when he gives me "sugar" (kisses) and hugs!

We are looking forward to his BIG BIRTHDAY BASH this weekend, but we had to do something for his actual Birthday! I took half of the day off from work so I could spend the day with Gage. We met Eric, Momo, and cousin Erin at Babe's Chicken Dinner House for lunch. Gage had his first taste of Babe's smoked chicken, mashed potatoes and cream corn! (And loved every bite!)

The gals at Babe's wanted to sing the Happy Birthday Song and scared Gage to tears when they put the red cowboy hat on his head!
We baked a mini chocolate cake and took it with us. I think we enjoyed watching Gage dig in even MORE than he enjoyed the cake!
Happy 1st Birthday Gage! We look forward to many, many more years! We LOVE you SO much!

4 comments:

Allison said...

Tag...you're it...check out my blog to see what I am talking about!!

Cassidy said...

OMG, the red cowboy hat picture is HILARIOUS!!! I laughed OUT LOUD!!!

CANNOT WAIT to see ya'll tomorrow! I miss my BF!!!

Heather said...

He is SOOOOOO precious! I love the cake pictures. Happy Birthday Gage!

Julie said...

I'm still waiting for B-day party pics!! What's wrong? You don't want to spend even more time in front of the computer!!!???

About Me

My photo
I am a Christ Follower, Coaches Wife, Mother, Daughter, Sister, Aunt, Friend, an Employee. I am determined, passionate, thoughtful, a perfectionist. I love to laugh. I have a phenomenal family and the best friends in this world! I am BLESSED for this not-so-normal life! This is my attempt to chronicle the busy life of a Coaches Wife and our family. My hope is to journal some of our favorite moments, especially with Gage. I hope you enjoy our family "playbook!"