Sunday, August 24, 2008

Turning One Is So Much Fun!

I'm finally recovered from the Big Birthday Bash we threw for our Big 1 Year Old last weekend! It was a great evening spent with TONS of friends and family. We are so blessed to have such a great support system who have SO much love for our little boy.
Tio John and Gage
The Grandpa's and Gage. I love this picture!
We had a "Puppy Party" and served a traditional Mexican dinner (compliments of my wonderful mother-in-law) with chicken enchiladas (that were to die for!), beans, rice, queso, and guacamole! Yum! We went through 6 trays of enchiladas and ate every single one of them. I'm not kidding when I say we had a big crowd! I felt like I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off and am disappointed that I didn't get as many pictures from this celebration as I had hoped. Thank goodness my sister and her husband took some for me, otherwise I wouldn't have any! My sister also took a video of Gage eating his Birthday cake that is just priceless. The file was too large to send in an email, so she posted it on youtube. Check out this mess! Be sure to watch in high quality (lower right hand of video.) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw2Jt-vaG_E

The Invitation:
Much cuter in person than it appears in this picture.
I put a paw cake on each table with stuffed puppy animals. The cupcake "Cake" was a big hit and so much easier than a real cake! Gage did have is OWN cake though!
I could not believe the amount of gifts that Gage received! Turning 1 is by far better than Christmas! In fact, I think we have enough toys to get us through the next 3 Birthdays AND Christmas! The gift opening was quite a scene as every child wanted to "help" and eventually turned chaotic. Poor Gage just sat on my lap and watched as it all unfolded. And of course, after opening all of the great gifts, Gage went straight for the new ball that my sister purchased last minute at the grocery store! I'm telling you - these fancy toys are over rated! We have had fun getting out a new toy every day and playing with something new. Gage especially likes his new bull dozer that he can push on his own. He is such a big boy!

This picture doesn't even do it justice!

Thanks Auntie Jen for writing down all of the gifts and helping with the party!

Thank you so much to all of our friends and family that helped us celebrate this big day. It's a celebration of a wonderful life and the fact that Eric and I have made it through 1 full year of parenting! It has been the best year of our lives and we look forward to many more! We love you all!

1 comments:

The Whitt Family said...

It loks like Gage such a great 1st birthday!!! I love the cupcake "cake"!

About Me

My photo
I am a Christ Follower, Coaches Wife, Mother, Daughter, Sister, Aunt, Friend, an Employee. I am determined, passionate, thoughtful, a perfectionist. I love to laugh. I have a phenomenal family and the best friends in this world! I am BLESSED for this not-so-normal life! This is my attempt to chronicle the busy life of a Coaches Wife and our family. My hope is to journal some of our favorite moments, especially with Gage. I hope you enjoy our family "playbook!"