Sunday, May 18, 2008

9 Month Stats

Before I get started on the adventures of this past week, I need to give a "shout out" to 'Team De Los Santos' biggest fan - Gabe McG! I'm hoping he is sipping his morning latte while reading this week's post. He enjoys giving Eric a hard time about my blog, but secretly, I think he enjoys reading it! I promised him this weekend that his name would be mentioned in this week's posting. So here you go Gabe! Good to see you this weekend! Your wit is always a good time.

Most of this week was a whirlwind, but it ended well with a great weekend. I'm getting better about keeping my office door shut during the weekend and using my time for fun, family, and friends! This week I decided that I wanted to become a brunette! As I get older, my hair is getting darker and I was so tired of keeping up with masking my dark roots. So, I did it. It really wasn't a hard decision as I find change fun and adventurous! Rachel, my stylist (the best stylist and hair colorist ever!), gets a good kick out of me b/c I always want something different. Something about a new "do" just makes me feel pretty and refreshed. I truly look forward to getting my hair cut and colored every 6 weeks! It brings me PURE joy - and I have a good time talking and laughing with Rachel! Gage also got his haircut (4th hair cut!) This kid has more hair than most adult men! So, here is my new do. In my heart, I will always be a blonde though! I DO think that blonde's are more fun!

Gage turned 9 months old this week. I can't believe it! I really feel like he was just born a few weeks ago and in 3 months I will be planning a 1 year old birthday party! Each day gets more fun as he grows and develops his personality. I keep thinking, "this is the most fun stage" and it just gets better every day. Gage made a visit to Dr. G's office on Friday for his 9 month check up (BTW...if you are looking for a Pediatrician in the Frisco area - he is highly recommended! I just think he is great!)

9 MONTH STATS:
Height: 29.8 (95%)
Weight: 21.9 pounds (75%)
Head Circumference: 18.8 (100% - I like to think that is all brains!)
Physical Exam: A+
Development: A+

We are so thankful for our healthy baby boy!

This week he picked up some more speed and encountered a couple of bumps and bruises. This is where it gets hard for mom to try not to be too overprotective! My favorite moment this week was playing "chase" and "hide-n-seek." Of course, this involves Eric and me getting down on all 4's and crawling too! Gage thinks it is so much fun to crawl with mommy and daddy on the floor and he loves trying to find us. We will hide behind a corner and he will crawl to find us and peek his little head around the corner and laugh hysterically when we say "boo!" So much fun!

Friday night was a fun night with my coworkers. We had dinner and a few drinks at Blue Mesa. (They have the BEST blue margarita's!) Since most of us work from home, it's always a fun time when we get together. I think our group is phenomenal and I am so inspired by each and every one of them! Here are a few pictures of me and some of my favorite gals.

Saturday night we celebrated our friend Courtney's graduation. She finished her Master's and we are so proud of her! Courtney is a Coaches wife so it will be nice to have her back for our social gatherings! She had a great graduation party - we had so much fun! I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. It was good to spend time with the Wives and catch up. Only a couple more months before we gear up for football season and lean on each other for moral support! Here is a picture of some of us. Such beautiful ladies - inside and out!

Today was such a beautiful day outside. I enjoyed a nice run this morning. I'm finally back into a running routine since I've had Gage. Running is my stress relief time and although I always dread the latter part of the run, I feel so good when I am done. And I think it's finally paying off - I finally got into my size 2 skirt that I have been wanting to wear. Needless to say, this day started off well! After church, we went to lunch with some of our closest friends, Devin and Nicole, and then we came home and we actually took a nap! Yes, a nap! It was WONDERFUL! I don't remember the last time I took a nap. It was much needed. I always look forward to Sunday evenings for Desperate Housewives (one of my favorite shows). Tonight it was 2 hours long (Season Finale) and (as usual) filled with lots of drama. So, now I'm anxious for next season - who is that man that Susan is kissing? What happened to Mike? Oh my!

4 comments:

The Whitt Family said...

Your bog looks great! That probably was us at Jason's Deli... you can't miss me. I'm the HUGE prego!

Jacki said...

Your hair is SO CUTE!

Melinda Denton said...

Johnna, your family is just gorgeous! We're happy to hear that you are doing so well!
Melinda

Heather said...

WHAT?!?!? A size 2? Only in my dreams will I ever be that small again!

About Me

My photo
I am a Christ Follower, Coaches Wife, Mother, Daughter, Sister, Aunt, Friend, an Employee. I am determined, passionate, thoughtful, a perfectionist. I love to laugh. I have a phenomenal family and the best friends in this world! I am BLESSED for this not-so-normal life! This is my attempt to chronicle the busy life of a Coaches Wife and our family. My hope is to journal some of our favorite moments, especially with Gage. I hope you enjoy our family "playbook!"