Monday, May 5, 2008

One more year...

This past week I celebrated my 29th Birthday! I had a great week of celebration with friends and family. My good friends Julie and Katie took me to Macaroni Grill. The waiter welcomed me to the table by saying I might need a "walker!" He had fun giving me a hard time about my age, but ended the night well by bringing me a piece of chocolate cake - instant forgiveness! Yum! Thanks Julie and Katie for a fun night! You can check out Julie's blog in my favorite blogs. I am so proud of her - she just finished the MS 150 this past weekend!

I took most of the day off from work for my Birthday. Each year it is MY gift to myself and I love every minute of it! Gage and I had a play date with a good friend to celebrate. Eric took me out that night to the Cheesecake Factory for a fantastic dinner and piece of caramel cheesecake! Overall I had a great day. I was truly touched by the cards, emails, and phone calls from family and friends. In particular, from some of my old co-workers and clients who remembered my special day. It was nice to hear that I had made an impact on their lives. The smallest gestures bring me so much joy!

My sister came out to the house and spent the night with us one night this past week. She is 31 weeks pregnant and looks so cute! Having a baby girl! I'm so excited! We had fun with Auntie Jen. Thanks for the cute flip flops and gift card Jen! I also spent some time with my parents this past week. Mom has been watching Gage a couple days out of the week while I work. He loves his Grammy and Grampy! They set up a mini-roller coaster in the back yard and Gage had a blast! They bought me a Roomba for the new wood floors we are putting in the house this month. I am so pumped!

We had some good friends over Friday night for a cookout and to watch the Stars Game. It's always fun hanging out! We met up with my best friend, Cassidy, on Saturday night to celebrate both of our Birthdays. She also has an April Birthday. We enjoyed some fine Mexican food and margaritas! Early Cinco De Mayo! We ended the week with dinner at Eric's parents house last night. Gage spent some time with his Momo and Popo. His cousins, Max and Erin, stopped by to visit and play. Thank the Good Lord for wonderful family and friends! Now, here's to ONE MORE YEAR of the 20's!



5 comments:

Julie said...

Yeah! I am so happy you are a blogger now. I don't have many friends is this world yet so I'm glad you are here!

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer said...

Welcome to the blog world and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! It sounds like you had a wonderful day. I am so glad that you are joining us in this online adventure!

Jill said...

That "roller coaster" picture has influenced josh to go on a hunt for one for colin..lol I wish he wouldnt have seen that picture!! Next he'll be ready to get a mini motorcycle!!! Tell gage thanks;)

Heather said...

I LOVE the roller coaster! I want one!

About Me

My photo
I am a Christ Follower, Coaches Wife, Mother, Daughter, Sister, Aunt, Friend, an Employee. I am determined, passionate, thoughtful, a perfectionist. I love to laugh. I have a phenomenal family and the best friends in this world! I am BLESSED for this not-so-normal life! This is my attempt to chronicle the busy life of a Coaches Wife and our family. My hope is to journal some of our favorite moments, especially with Gage. I hope you enjoy our family "playbook!"