Sunday, May 11, 2008

Joyful Moments

This week was filled with many joyful moments. Gage started crawling last week and picked up some speed this week! We're moving in the fast lane now! His favorite things right now...mommy's laptop, the vacuum, and trying to pull the plastic coverings off the electrical outlets. Needless to say, we are keeping busy! When we say "no-no," he just smiles and laughs. It's hard not to laugh with him - especially when he has such an infectious grin!

This week we introduced the "protein" food group to Gage - turkey baby food. All I have to say is P..U..! I don't think anyone could pay me to eat that stuff! I couldn't help but laugh at the silly faces he made after each bite. I don't think he enjoyed it, but he ate it. However, he did enjoy the biter biscuit. There should be a WARNING label on the box that all babies MUST eat the biter biscuit naked and in a high chair. What a huge mess! He enjoyed every bite though and I enjoyed taking the pictures!

My favorite moment this week...Gage trying to work out with his mommy. I was doing some ab work on my aerobic step and he crawled right on up to join me. After each rep of my exercise, he would laugh hysterically. It was the cutest thing! Then he got stuck in a "push up" position and couldn't quite figure out how to get out of his predicament. He wouldn't drop to the floor so he was holding that little "push up" as long as he could - and then (muscles burning I'm sure) he belted out with a "help me" cry! I'm so excited that he is taking interest in fitness already!

We have really been taking advantage of this great weather with daily walks. Eric is finally out of "season" and home somewhat early so we look forward to a long walk in the evening as a family. Gage loves his daddy and just lights up when he walks through the door. Eric is such a great dad! And a wonderful husband! I am so lucky!

Today we celebrated Mother's Day. What a special day. It takes on a whole new meaning when you have a child of your own. I look forward to many more to come!

3 comments:

Julie said...

So cute! You have such a great famiy! I look forward to watching Gage grow...that includes his muscles! :)

Jacki said...

Gage is SO CUTE!!! I love that you have a blog and I can't wait to see more pictures.

Isn't that awesome he's into fitness already...so great!

(Was good seeing you yesterday!)

Heather said...

Such a cute family! I love the pic of him doing push-ups!

About Me

My photo
I am a Christ Follower, Coaches Wife, Mother, Daughter, Sister, Aunt, Friend, an Employee. I am determined, passionate, thoughtful, a perfectionist. I love to laugh. I have a phenomenal family and the best friends in this world! I am BLESSED for this not-so-normal life! This is my attempt to chronicle the busy life of a Coaches Wife and our family. My hope is to journal some of our favorite moments, especially with Gage. I hope you enjoy our family "playbook!"