Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

Wow! Where do I begin? This weekend was so wonderful! I actually feel rested up for once! I do think it was a blessing that my Internet service went down Friday afternoon and didn't come back up until today. I'm very guilty of working too often on the weekends. I think this was God's clever plan for me to take a break and enjoy an Internet free weekend! It was so nice that I might just shut the computer off every weekend!

Our house was torn apart this week with the installation of our new wood floors. (I'll post pictures later!) I spent half of the weekend putting the house back together and "re-decorating." The new floors have inspired me to remodel my house. However, that project will probably be on hold until I acquire a raise or win the lottery!

Eric had a 4 day weekend with only one football commitment so it was so nice to have him home. We had such a great time together and really enjoyed just hanging out all weekend. We really do enjoy the simple things in life - playing with Gage, taking long walks, eating dinner together, watching movies, spending time with our good friends...

I have to take a moment to brag on my husband b/c as much as he is away from home with work, he makes up for it every second that he is home. The minute he walks in the door he takes over with Gage to give me some down time. He's not too masculine to do a load of laundry, cook dinner, do the dishes or clean up around the house. And the reality is that he is just as tired as I am at the end of the day. A Coaches' schedule is grueling, and a Coaches Wife might as well be a widow 3/4 of the year, but I wouldn't have it any other way - as long as I'm in this not-so-normal life with Eric!

This weekend was full of fun, family, and friends. And as usual we had lots of sweet moments with Gage. He is becoming more active and mischievous. His favorite thing this week was getting into the entertainment center and pulling everything out...Cd's, blankets, remotes...all over the floor!

I met up with my friend Laura Friday night at our favorite little Mexican restaurant, Ernesto's. The guys had to scout so we decided to meet up for some good food and a frozen margarita. Gage and Ava had a "date" while we enjoyed our food.

This was my favorite moment this weekend - Gage's 1st pool experience! We went to Momo and Popo's house for a cookout and went to their community pool to swim. It was so much fun! Gage took to the water like a pro! For the most part, he loved every minute of it! The pool had a beach entrance so he was able to crawl around and partly stand up on all fours. (He's starting to stand up and crawl at the same time - if that makes sense!) The only tearful moment he had was when he crawled towards the deeper end and took in a huge gulp of water! He also enjoyed playing with his cousin Erin who loves to give him raspberries on his round belly! She is such a good cousin!

I want to end this post with a "thank you" to my family and friends (especially my Dad) and for all of our soldiers who have sacrificed their lives (past or present) in war to fight for our freedom in this wonderful country we live in. I am forever grateful. Happy Memorial Day!

2 comments:

The Johnson Family 5 said...

Hey there! I'm soo excited to see pictures of Gage! What a c-u-tie!! Do you also live in Twin Creeks?? or are you a friend of Michel Ann's that isn't a neighbor? I look forward to reading all about your adventures! If you live in the neighborhood who should for sure go walking together!!

Julie said...

Gage sure is a cutie. I'm glad we got to hang out this week!

About Me

My photo
I am a Christ Follower, Coaches Wife, Mother, Daughter, Sister, Aunt, Friend, an Employee. I am determined, passionate, thoughtful, a perfectionist. I love to laugh. I have a phenomenal family and the best friends in this world! I am BLESSED for this not-so-normal life! This is my attempt to chronicle the busy life of a Coaches Wife and our family. My hope is to journal some of our favorite moments, especially with Gage. I hope you enjoy our family "playbook!"